Saturday, 25 August 2012

The Netball Final

Last Saturday, 25th August my netball team, South A competed against Huia Range A in the A- Grade Final at the Dannevirke Netball Centre. The A-Grade is like Division one for Primary School kids. South A is the only South team in the A grade. Our Coach is Deb Jewiss and our captain is Esther. My team consists of Alice Hughes, Misty, Micah, Paula, Esther, Justyce, Patricia, Laura and me.


When I got to the netball courts I saw Deb waiting for the team by the office. Some of the team were already there. Once everyone had arrived, we started warming up by going for a run, then we did some stretches. We then did some in's and out's then Deb had a talk to us about being nice to each other and not being nervous. We went for another run to the end of the street, then it was time to start. I was off for the first half, so I got to watch. It was a very close game and neither team could manage to get a huge lead, there were times when teams were up by 2 but the other team caught them. I went on as Wing Defence for the second half. At the end of the game we could see that one team had 18 and the other 17 but we didn't know who had 18. Then someone said South had won and we all started jumping around, screaming and hugging each other. Some of Huia Range were crying, then we shook there hands. After that we had to go to the end of season prize giving in front of the office. Once they had announced all the other grades they announced that South A had won and we went up and got our trophy.

At the end of the prize giving I went and got our team present that we had bought for Deb so Esther could give it to her. We had bought a big bunch of flowers and a little jug. Deb gave us all a chocolate bar each.

After, I asked anyone if they wanted to go to McDonald's, Alice and Micah said yes.Then when we got there we saw Laura in the drive through and after she got her food she came and ate it with us. Later on Esther turned up to.

I had a great day, and I wouldn't change a thing. I am very proud to represent my school in the local netball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment