I had entered in a wide range of events (100m Medley; Intermediate 50m freestyle; backstroke; breastroke and butterfly. I also entered in the 100m breastroke race).
There were about 60 kids from school, some entering in one race, some in 9. We sat in our age groups and got settled in. Then Mr Snell went and talked to us about the rules of the day including the fact that we weren’t allowed to by any form of lollies from the shop. The first race was the medley, starting with butterfly then backstroke then breastroke and to finish off freestyle.
I got up on the diving block and got in my position to dive, dived in and felt my goggles fall on my neck!- they had fallen off, so I did 25m’s of butterfly minus my goggles. When I got to the backstroke I replaced them on my eyes, they stayed on for the rest of the race thankgodness.
My other races all went ok and I got 3rd overall in 50m freestyle and 4th in 50m Breastroke. Yay I’m going to the interschool’s.
The last race of the day was the House Relay consisting of Awara (the best house), Tuhoe, Ngapuhi and Rangitane. Awara won the Juniors, got 3rd in the intermediates and 4th in the seniors.
Overall I had a wonderful day and think the pool staff do a great job at hosting the sports.
Bridget
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading about the swimming sports. I like it how you put lots of detail into this. GREAT JOB BRIDGET!!! :D