Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Hockey

On Friday night, I went over to the Palmerston North Hockey Turf with Mum, Dad and Jordan to play Hockey for the Dannevirke Mixed Year 7 & 8 Hockey Team. We played Huntly Boys school and I went into the match a bit nervous because they have a good record. But our new coach for this year, Jason, who happened to be the coach of the Manawatu under 11 girls A team last year, said that he believes that Girls can beat boys easily.When we got there, we meet Jason inside the changing sheds and he talked about our tactics. He told us to go for a run so Bella and Issy lead us for a run around the Esplanade. When we got back to the changing sheds we stretched and then the previous round of games finished so we went on to the turf for our 5 minutes on the turf to practice before the game.

I got put in the starting 11 along with Bella, Paris, Issy, Melissa, Bubbles, Eleanor, Matthew, William, Ethan and the goalie Natalie. I was put into left inner, we had a lot of possession of the ball at the start and it payed off, shortly into the first half Mathew scored a goal. Towards the end of the first half I got taken off the field and while I was off Matthew scored a second goal. I went back on halfway through the second half. The end score was 2-0 to Dannevirke. Paris got player of the day. 4 of the girls are from Palmerston North (Izzy, Melissa, Bubbles and the goalie Natalie) as well as Jason.

I think we played well as a team and I really enjoyed playing. I am looking forward to the next game and I think we have a chance to get to the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment