On Tuesday 8th May, two teams each consisting of 4 students representing South School went down to the town library for the New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards Quiz. The quiz was also being run at Eketahuna, Paihutua and Woodville library's. My team was made up of Jordan, Rory, Lauren, Brearne (reserve) and I. The Quiz was made up of 70 questions from 3 categories, Junior Picture, Junior Fiction and Junior Non-Fiction with a total of 14 books, there were 5 questions per book. I had read the following books: Digging up the Past, New Zealand Hall of Fame, Super Finn and Life Cycle of a Tuatara as well as reading Stomp, The Cat's Pyjamas, Waiting for Later and Rahui with the group. We were doing well and got the highest score in Dannevirke, 48 points, but we had to wait for Paihutua and Woodville to finish before we could see if we had bet all of the Tararua district. When the scores came through the fax machine, we had won. We each got to take home two new fiction books and we got a trophy. We are getting the trophy presented in an assembly soon along with a prize for us and a prize for the school.
Monday, 28 May 2012
New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards Quiz
On Tuesday 8th May, two teams each consisting of 4 students representing South School went down to the town library for the New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards Quiz. The quiz was also being run at Eketahuna, Paihutua and Woodville library's. My team was made up of Jordan, Rory, Lauren, Brearne (reserve) and I. The Quiz was made up of 70 questions from 3 categories, Junior Picture, Junior Fiction and Junior Non-Fiction with a total of 14 books, there were 5 questions per book. I had read the following books: Digging up the Past, New Zealand Hall of Fame, Super Finn and Life Cycle of a Tuatara as well as reading Stomp, The Cat's Pyjamas, Waiting for Later and Rahui with the group. We were doing well and got the highest score in Dannevirke, 48 points, but we had to wait for Paihutua and Woodville to finish before we could see if we had bet all of the Tararua district. When the scores came through the fax machine, we had won. We each got to take home two new fiction books and we got a trophy. We are getting the trophy presented in an assembly soon along with a prize for us and a prize for the school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really liked reading your post .I thought that it was interesting and I think you had good punctuation.
ReplyDeleteWell done Bridget i think that's cool, good story.
ReplyDeleteby [Brayden]