Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Weet-bix Tryathlon





On Wednesday 21st March 2012, I went over to Palmerston North to participate in 20th Weetbix triathlon. When I got there lots of people had already arrived so I took my bike and gear over to the transition area to try and find a place.
When I got to the transition area there were quite a few spaces left in the 11 year olds line and so I went and found a space that happened to be next to a really good friend of mine Ana Muhrphy, when I had got out my towel, shoes and socks, I went and found dad outside of the caged in area. We then made our way over to the big weet-bix container to listen to the event briefing. After they had briefed us and introduced us to some famous sports people including current iron-man champion Cameron Brown and a person from Palmerston North Council. They then said could all 15,14,13,12, and 11 year olds make there way over to the pool. I walked over with Ana and Paula. While we were waiting to get into the pool area, the 11 year old boys and girls were lined up opposite each other the person opposite from me was Aaron. When we got into the pool area I was put in a different group to Ana and Paula. I went two groups before them so when I had finished my 200m swim and was getting out they were just starting. Once I had got out of the pool we had to go for a short run to the transition area. When I got to the transition area I had already chucked my cap and goggles to dad when I had got out of the pool so I quickly put on my shirt, socks, shoes and helmet and walked my bike out of the transition area, once I was out I jumped on my bike and went for a 6km bike ride. We went on roads, walking tracks and one 1.5km run around the field, as I came down the home straight I was runn grass. Once I got back I jumped off my bike to my helmet off and went for thing through lots of sponsors flags then I ran under the big Weet-bix banner. I got a medal put on my back and they gave me a drink and bottle to keep. I went over to get my photo then I went and met dad. We watched Ana and Paula finish then we went over to wait for the prize giving to begin. I didn't get a prize but Ana's little brother did. I had a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Bridget, it was very well worded

    ReplyDelete